Saturday, August 3, 2019

Daytripping - July 2019

About a week ago, my friend, Sarah and I headed to New Bedford, MA for a day trip.  I love that town.  Cobblestone streets, historic homes, the whaling museum, The Z - all good things. It also has a fantastic public library chock full of art!


The following night, Dames Who Dine PVD convened to enjoy a very tasty meal at Black Duck Tavern in East Providence - an excellent choice for a dinner. Delicious food, excellent service, and good prices. I am going back for the lobster roll and fries, baby.


On Friday of this week, I checked out a new documentary called Maiden at The Avon in Providence.  I highly recommend this film about an all-female crew who sailed in an around-the-world race.  One of the most inspirational films I have seen in some time.  If you are looking to pursue a dream, check out this film to help motivate you into your next steps.

On Saturday, I volunteered for Preserve Rhode Island for the annual Little Compton Antique and Car Show.  Our estimates name the number of attendees to about a thousand folks this year.  The event is an annual benefit for the organization and Little Compton Historical Society.  


It has been a really fun week of exploring.  It is certainly one way to learn about my new home state of Rhode Island and nearby Massachusetts. And, it isn't even Sunday yet.

Happy Daytripping!

No comments:

Post a Comment